Recently I’ve noticed many people are setting up their own forums and calling for new people to join because “We need members!”. I for one find this trend extremely annoying.
I joined ONM by choice. I will join another forum if I want, but for the love of bejesus stop asking people to join just because you want some members.
The main concern I have with these forums, is they’re often quickly set up type things, and generally aren’t all that appealing when compared to a “proper” forum visually.
Secondly, many of them may as well be “ONM 2”. The same forums almost down to a T. WTF is the point?
Thirdly, the names of some of them are downright awful. I’d name names, but then people would be more angry than they no doubt already are.
And I notice a lot of the time when I take a look at one these forums, that there’s really only a few members. They never admit defeat though. Oh no, they post away and scheme about how to lure in the new people.
That said though, they’re not all bad. Just the vast majority.

Would some of these forums be: Paradise of Games, Leftover Lounge, The Cake is a lie and OMN2.5
ReplyDeleteIt's not Leftover Lounge. And if it is, I apologise. I do not condone advertising.
ReplyDelete