Whilst discussing my currently broken PS3 with Andy over msn last night, it occurred to me how much living in the ROI sucks for a lot of things.
This all starts when I call a Dublin number to contact Sony. From there I get redirected twice, eventually getting onto the tech support line for Playstation stuff. Sounds okay right?
'Fraid not. Turns out this call centre is in England. I mean what use is that to me? So I give the details and all that, only to be told that my PS3 is out of warranty.....Eventually this leads to the generic "I'll talk to my supervisor and contact you in a few days".
I mean seriously. At this point I'm seriously considering just buying a new PS3, because I have the feeling I'd have to pay to have the current one fixed anyway, etc.
And yet, I hear on ONM that when someone's 60GB PS3 (which would make it automatically older than mine) breaks, they call up Sony, it gets taken away by courier pretty much immediately and within a few days it's back, all fixed up. Seriously now, how is that fair?
And this idea extends to other things too.
I can't understand the reasoning. I mean N. Ireland is considered part of the UK, in all aspects including currency, and thus they get "rights" that the rest of us Irish can only dream of, despite the fact that N. Irl is geographically further away from England than the rest of Irl.
Whoever came up with "Luck of the Irish" had some lovely rose tinted glasses from what I see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well your Irish, your always having to do things back to front. ; P
ReplyDeleteJ-Trio 002 here saying PS3 is unfair to Irl!
ReplyDeleteRandom-Hero here saying who cares what you think!
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for you Rex. I would love to be in a independent country but I can't. Damn you ancestors for giving the English control.
ReplyDelete