Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The hype train has entered the station.

It’s not like me to hype games. As any self respecting gamer should know, hype is the bane of gaming.

Yet I can’t help but feel really excited about some upcoming games.

Prime among them is Resident Evil 5. I got Resident Evil Degeneration on DVD today, and included in the special features were two Resi 5 trailers. I want it. Badly. I loved 4, and this looks more of the same style. Plus Wesker is in it. He’s awesome.

Hopefully my PS3 is fixed by March. I’m beginning to wonder at this point ¬¬. I’m seriously considering just buying a new one over the whole fiasco. But anyway.

Also on my radar is the quite frankly awesome looking Flower. Yes, flower.

It’s a PSN exclusive “game”. But really it’s one of those “not quite a game” games. Here’s a gameplay video:




And of course, me being a "generic Halo fan" I'm looking forward to Halo Wars. It's a console RTS. I have high hopes for it. Especially as some of my best gaming experiences were with RTS games.
Also on the Halo front is Halo 3: ODST. This looks fairly interesting, as it will require a different approach than the previous games.


I'm also curious about Killzone 2. I like the FPS genre for a bit of fun, and Killzone looks shmexy. Again though, this one is reliant on me having my PS3 back.


And then the last two. Both are on the distant horizon:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I loved the first Uncharted. And from what I've seen and heard about the sequel, I have high hopes for it.

And finally: Final Fantasy XIII. I'm quite interested in this. I've never played an FF game before, so this looks likely to be my first. And it looks simply sublime too.

1 comment:

  1. Flower looks pretty nice... But I wouldn't pay a huge amount to play it. That and I don't intend on buying a PS3 until it has at least 10 games I want!

    ReplyDelete